So, what is Life Coaching?
Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. It keeps people focused, challenged, and motivated for living their personal and professional lives on purpose. Olympic athletes or people at the top of their field in any industry engage with a coach to bring out their best. The subtle yet important differences between coaches and other professionals can be summed up in the following definitions:
- Teaching: The transfer of knowledge.
- Therapy: Dealing with problems from the past to improve the present.
- Consulting: The transfer of professional knowledge, expertise, or experience.
- Mentoring: Teaches or instructs from one's own experience. For example, "Here's what worked for me..."
- Coaching: Establishing with the client his or her reality today , and having them clearly define their goals and intentions for a happy more successful way of living their best life. The coach works with the client to produce a plan of action that is results-oriented and can be followed with confidence knowing that they are reaching their full potential. A coach knows that the client is creative, resourceful and whole and will hold them accountable for the choices they make for a richer and more rewarding way of living.
"Life coaching is assisting people with their agenda on their terms. We give people something they probably get nowhere else- a partner with no agenda except theirs. We listen to our clients and take their dreams seriously in a way that no one ever has before. A great life coach knows that their clients are, brilliant, capable, loving ,contributing, resourceful, generous and creative. Life coaching is not just a collection of techniques---it's a form of relationship that's both confidential and life changing!" D. Ellis
A typical coaching session usually lasts between 45 and 60 minutes. If you are local, the sessions could include relaxation techniques and bodywork that help enhance the coaching process. When you sign up for a coaching package regular short emails are included as part of the coaching, because sometimes clients just want to coach briefly about something in between session times.
Your life is a result of the choices you make. It only takes one person to change your life; you. firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule a Coaching Session
Coaching sessions can take place over the phone, in-person, or via Skype.
Call for a complimentary 20-minute consultation to see if life coaching is right for you!